A journal documenting a process of creating and launching a webcomic business...

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Webcomics Marketing Strategies : Articles

Writing Articles
Part of a 13 part series: Exploring Webcomics Marketing Strategies

Out of all of the research I did on this topic, I found that it was seen as a great way to promote your website. All you do is write an article on a subject of interest and make it available for anyone to post to their website or link to the article. It can even be viral since a lot of websites are hungry for free content. However, the caveat to writing articles is that it requires a position of authority on the topic being discussed. The only real way I can think of that this would be useful to a webcomic is if you have an area of experise that relates to webcomics. My area of expertise that relates to webcomics is probably photoshop. I have been using photoshop for 12 years now. I have been designing, painting and optimizing the whole time and I have a BFA in Illustration. Plus, its my job. I use it almost everyday as a multimedia designer. I believe it makes me somewhat of an expert on the subject. So I think that I will create articles/tutorials on using photoshop to make webcomics.

Here is a bunch of tips on writing articles to promote your website...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home