A journal documenting a process of creating and launching a webcomic business...

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Webcomics Marketing Strategies

I was doing some exploring in the Comixpedia forums the other day and found a thread on 'Advertising Frontiers'. It discussed trying to market to fresh audiences. This sparked a thread in my own mind. How do I plan to market this blog and eventually my webcomic? I decided I needed a plan, so off I went, searching the web for ways to promote my blog and strategies for the webcomic-to-be. I did a fair amount of research and found some great stuff ( I also found lots of crap! ). In the coming weeks I plan to detail what I found in a series of blog posts called "Addressing Webcomic Marketing Strategies". Each post will explore in detail the research results and how I plan to address them. The posts will follow this format I found on seo-writer.net ( a freelance marketing resource site )...

  • Media relations, including news releases and canned stories.
  • Search engine optimization
  • Writing articles for online and/or offline distribution
  • Newsletters
  • Free giveaways, including e-books or custom software
  • Online classes ( tutorials )
  • Affiliate programs
  • RSS feeds (online syndication)
  • Blogs
  • Paid advertising or PPC placement (pay-per-click ads in search engines and elsewhere)
    • A testimonials strategy
    • Free samples
    • Classified ads (offline).
    • Business cards
    • Pamphlets
    • Discussion forums
    Next: First on the series docket, Media Relations

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home