A journal documenting a process of creating and launching a webcomic business...

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Webcomic : World Design : Nirvana Stage3

At this stage I have added all the building below, developed all the major forms, and added a few minor details...

Buildings below the towers...
I finished the blocking out the shapes of the buildings below the towers... even at this 'block' stage they took a lot of time. I am willing to spend it though. The detail in there will be a key to making the towers look as massive as I see them in my head. If I don't the towers will seem like toys in a puddle. My next post of 'Nirvana' will show the finished ( or near finished ) version. If you think you might like it enough that you would buy a print, shoot me an email

I love digital painting...
Yeehaws, I now officially love the smudge tool. It acts like a finger smudging an oil painting only with the access to 'Undo'. Plus, no messy paints on the digits!

I have used smudge before. It didn't seem THAT useful, however, when I used it on the clouds, it really added a beautiful vapory feel to the clouds! Clouds usually takes a lot of time for me to render by hand and look good. Hats off the smudge tool, my new reason to love digital painting ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home